Friday 4 May 2007

Trellis Work...

Well I've not been idle over the last few days.... and I actually managed to get ahead...

I decided a few weeks back that I would knit a lace scarf for my friend Carol's birthday on the 7th May. I found the pattern and then found the yarn from my stash. I then worked out I needed to do 1 16 row repeat every day (pattern required 23 repeats + end patterns), if it was going to be finished in time for her birthday.... nothing like setting myself a target!


Some days I managed to get in front of myself by a couple of days but then didn't knit for a couple of days. Anyway I decided a concerted effort was needed and I duly finished this morning and here it is, two days ahead of schedule....


I will block it tomorrow and post the post-blocking photos on Sunday.....

It's a beautiful pattern, very simple, although two of the rows do have the sequence:

yo, K7tog, leave sts on LH needle, yo, K7tog, leave sts on LH
needle, yo, K7tog

to reduce 7 sts to 5, this did slow me down a bit at first, but after awhile they became a lot quicker to work.... and I have to say I didn't get bored with it....

Pattern: Interweave Spring 2006

Yarn: Bought from the Ukraine off Ebay (50% Wool & 50% Acrylic) - Pistachio

Next small lace project is Swallowtail from Interweave Fall 2006 for my friend Monica's birthday at the end of June.... I've dyed the yarn myself in colours I like to think of as "Lily Pond" (photos soon). The base yarn again is off ebay from Yarn Treehouse, however, I've doubled this yarn up to getthe right guage

No comments: