Friday 18 May 2007

Sock Progress

Well I finally finished DH's Acapulco socks.... after suddenly realising that I said I would knit a pair for his brother's birthday (6th June) so I pulled my finger out and decided I'd better finish the Acapulco pair.....






The Chocolate Swirl pair are on the home run now, just the foot of the 2nd sock to do but they are not needed until August so not as much urgency, just as well as these are my "work socks"; ie they only get knitted during work hours, SnB group that sort of thing....


Anyway back to the BIL socks!!! I was going to use Opal Rainforest Bumblee Bee, but as he was too busy to sort anything out for my birthday I didn't feel like using one of my better balls of sock yarn out of the stash; yes I know that's mean but I was feeling peevish, still am truth be known and I will at least have the satisfaction of knowing he is wearing a pair of socks that no-one else wanted the Opal Yellow Prisma!!!!!!! However I can't be that peevish (conscience will not allow and it makes me feel guilty) so I over-dyed the yarn with Lime Green Acid dye..... I have to say I really like it now, so that plan backfired on me, serves me right! So I have nick named them "Kermit" socks for very obvious reasons.....