Monday 28 May 2007

Swallowtail - Lily Pond to Fruits of the Forest

Well I seem to be on a roll this bank holiday weekend...... not only did I finish the Kermit socks on Saturday I finished my Swallowtail on Sunday night.... after an hour of casting off 323 stitches.....

As you may recall I was not happy with the colour I had dyed my lace yarn, lovely colours but far too busy for a lace pattern..... so I resigned myself that once complete I would overdye it a more suitable colour......

So it went from this....



to this...


then to this...
you can instantly see the lace pattern now that myriad of colours has gone....


and finally to the blocking....


I will take some after blocking photographs later once the shawl has dried and if it's not raining drape them artistically in my mum's garden & take some close ups of the lace....

I'm really thrilled with the whole thing, especially the colour I really don't want to part with it now.... but it will be going to a very good home were I know it will be a very much appreciated birthday gift so it makes everything worth while....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

不乱花钱的不时尚