Sunday 29 April 2007

I finally started the VLT shawl....

I promised myself at Easter that I would start my mums birthday shawl (her birthday was January) but I just couldn't bring myself to start then... so I waited knitted my Patons Jet cardigan and suddenly got the urge to knit lace again..... so I set the deadline of Easter (Good Friday to be precise) to have all WIP's with the exception of socks finished so I could start the shawl....

I did it... and I duly started in the afternoon of Good Friday it was a relief and such a pleasure.....




I am doing the Beginner Shawl (the one shown in pink on p56 in VLT, the yarn is 2ply crewel wool from Renaissance Dyeing in colour 1707 Amarante.... I did start off with a 3.25mm Knitpicks circ but then managed to get my hands on an Addi Lace circ, they are absolutley beautiful to use and give you so much control when using fine yarns.....



So this is how far the shawl is now (again I haven't had the urge recently to knit it but hopefully that is going to change this afternoon!!!




So far I am part way through the 2nd repeat of 3 repeats of pattern E.....

Pattern D was a killer I spent a day and a half on-and-off getting a couple of rows right... I'd decided because this was my first attempt at knitting a pattern on all rows that it was going to be 'hard' so I made it hard for myself worrying about it!!!! I was more worried about loosing stitches and not being able to get them back on the needles right I kept messing the pattern up... but that's me all over worry about what might happen rather than wait until it does happen....

No comments: