Wednesday, 21 March 2007
Forest Canopy - Finished!!!
Well it’s finished, but it has yet to be blocked…..It didn’t take as long as I thought it would; 5 days I think, but then I did knit most of Sunday which is something I don’t normally get the opportunity to do…
I had one or two little hiccups, like missing the odd YO, but I managed to spot my error before I got too far so luckily didn’t need to rip back to my lifeline at any point, just a little tinking here and there to create a YO in the right place… I think lifelines are a mental safety net just as much as a physical one for me… it’s that little thought of well if it goes completely wrong even on the last row it’s only 8 rows to pull back, somehow this stops me worrying about mistakes so I concentrate on the pattern and make less mistakes….
I ended up doing 3 extra repeats of the pattern, which took me up to 243sts this wasn’t a form of self torture but more based on needing two balls of yarn for this project and I finished the last official pattern repeat at 195sts with still some yarn left out of my first ball :oO even after all the extra knitting I still have a bit left but I think doing a further repeat would have been pushing it a little so I played safe…
I enjoyed the pattern and I found that once I got back into the rhythm of lace knitting I re-aquainted myself with being able to recognise were I should be in the pattern so at least I could tell if I was going wrong….
I am still reserving judgment on the striping effect of this yarn, but I will make my final decision after blocking which will be in the next few days….