Thursday 22 March 2007

Blocked & Ready to go....


Well here it is being blocked and my first time using my blocking wires that I got as part of my Christmas present, from Heirloom Knitting.
I, OK we (DH is so much better at things like this than me) found them a bit fiddly at first, but the fact that you can pull an edge straight in one go is so much easier than all those pins!!!!

I couldn't wait this morning to take the wires out to reveal this soft, drapeable fabric, the transformation amazes me every single time....


Here's a close up to see the pattern & yarn...

Overall I am pleased with this, despite my reservations about the yarn. I think it works well with this pattern, because it's at an angle and the pattern is simple.... but I have satisfied my curiosity with this yarn, I like it and I love the colours but I feel and this is just my personal opinion it has limited uses for lace knitting.... the stripes would spoil a different shaped shawl and the strong colours would mask the lace.... I do however have some lace weight yarn from this company which is a lot more subtle in its shading....

No comments: