Tuesday 21 August 2007

Swan Lake aka PLT Mystery Stole 3

As promised a little later than stated the finished photos of the stole... I have to say I'm pleased with the end results and is a stole that looks better on than off!!!

Blocking... the mats are brilliant
Post Blocking

Ignore the model please there is no easy way of displaying this shawl without wearing it and as DH refused to model it for me ;o) I had to






Close ups





The blocked size is 20" by 76" (at it's longest point). It was knit on an Addi 3.5mm Lace circular using white Jaggerspun Zephyr laceweight, hand-dyed by myself in tones of apricot. The beads were from ebeads (see my sidebar)

10 comments:

Kai said...

It looks lovely LittleBerry!! Absolutely stunning! Thanks for the modelled piccie too :)

gilraen said...

Absolutely fabulous!!!!! You look great! What are you worried about!!! Thanks for modelling it :)

miss mandy of flitwick said...

It is just beautiful really stunning, and a great moddeling job, it looks much better on you than it ever would on the hubby

WildPurl said...

Wow! It's lovely Littleberry, and looks fab on. I hope you have a posh frock to match. I can just see the glint of beads in the photos too. I'm way behind bu keeping on going, I love the design

fleegle said...

The mats may be brilliant, but the stole is even more brilliant! Bravo--it's terrific!

miyamojo said...

You're a great model!
Nice to see you! *waving*
Stole is fabulous-love that angled edge!
I'm so impressed that you dyed it!
m :)

Soo said...

That looks great! I love the colour and I think the beads add a nice bit of glam.

Linz Knits Now said...

Littleberry it looks fabulous on...I was wondering how the 'wing' would work but I can see how it helps the keep the stole in place now. Thankyou for sharing your modelled pic and your knitting is absolutely stunning.

Linz xxx

Hellbelle said...

*waves*

nice to see you modelling the shawl. It's such a pretty colour and beautifully knitted.

Lindsey said...

Ooh, fabulous! Great job. And it does look great modelled, so thanks for posting those pics for us. You look great! :-)