Tuesday 30 June 2009

Happy 60th Birthday

Remember the shawls I've shown you (you actually haven't seen Renate's yet) well here is the reason, well partly....

These two ladies start the season of decade birthdays. This is Monica and Renate (either side of the counter, Monica on the right) who were 60 on 29th June and are two good customers of my shop and regulars to SnB, so how else would you treat twins on their birthday...


but with fruit cake, made and decorated by my mum; who very ingeniously arranged it so if I took the candles out, I could cut the cake in 3, we could all share in the centre portion but yet Monica and Renate could take home an 'individual' cake each.....


and flowers, I thought the florist had done a lovely job of making the flowers the same but different!



and finally the unwrapping of presents from various friends.....

Monica

Monica, Cathleen, Enid, Christine, Diane, Renate

Renate with her candy bracelet on!
The scene from behind the counter, I had lovely wafts of perfume all afternoon :o)

Monica and my mum (Cathleen)

Christine, Diane & Renate

Renate

They had a lovely time and were completely surprised and over whelmed by it all, they got shawls, socks, Etui boxes, stitch markers, and sweets that brought back memories of childhood; love hearts, sherbet fountain, Parma violets, candy bracelets
Happy 60th Birthday Monica & Renate

5 comments:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

that is so lovely! Congrats to two wonderful ladies.
I'm very impressed with your Mum's clever cake, she's awesome too- but you probably already knew that.

fleegle said...

That's so sweet! I've never had a birthday party, sigh.

beanz said...

What a lovely thing to do in your shop

fleegle said...

Yes, comparison is absolutely necessary. She says as she wanders off to the Golding pages...

fleegle said...

Glad I made you smile! I hope my camera macro is strong enough for Harry's spindle :)