Wednesday 16 July 2008

Finishing things off..

I'm still alive just really haven't had much to show this last week or so and TBH have been a bit lethargic, whether it's this lovely inclement weather we're having at the moment that's making me feel weary I don't know, but thought I'd better post before you thought I'd dropped off the face of the earth....

There has been no further progress on the Spring Things shawl with the hand spun, but there has been progress on the 2 new pairs of socks I'm knitting and I also started a 3rd pair with some hand spun after finally mastering the Turkish Cast On thanks to
FluffyKnitterDeb's step-by-step instructions...

I have however, been finishing things off, which means making up in my language... I started doing some basic crocheting back in March.... as I'd seen a bag in Candi Jensen's book
Crochet Bags! I liked entitled 'Granny's New Bag'... so did the crocheting and then it's sat there for 6 weeks while I decided how I wanted to line the thing... anyway Monday was a full day of finishing off things...



I'd also decided I was going to crochet a basket too despite disparaging looks from DH, even more so when I said I was going to put a lid on!!!! Oh ye of little faith ;o) The yarn is Spunky Eclectic 'Goblin Eyes' I had that I spun up ages ago and as it's Romney it's quite harsh so thought it would make something utilitarian... this I only finished on Sunday but it's been on the go quite awhile... can't quite remember exactly but if you go look at my projects in Ravelry you'll see the exact dates....


On the spinning front just a couple of purchases, this one from All Spun Up is Superwash merino... I'm being brave here as I usually don't go in for fibre with lots of white!!! it scares me... I did actually purchase this at the end of June so it's not a recent purchase...

and from The Yarn Yard I pre-ordered this back in June too and it came the 5th July just in time for the start of the Tour de France.... and it is the Tour de Fleece fibre a neutral and a contrast, which is actually 3 separate braids of colour.... I have started on the neutral, well in fact nearly finished it, 150g of superwash BFL....


and that as they say is about it for now....

5 comments:

Soo said...

I like the cute little bag and I'm VERY impressed by the basket.

I know exactly what you mean about the blah weather. Every now and then we get that little teaser of sunshine...and then....more blah.

Kai said...

good to hear from you!!!

love the bag and the basket is cool!

Nice bit of fibre there too.. *drools*

fleegle said...

Both the bag and the box are adorable! And everyone seems to have the blogging blahs lately, so don't feel guilty.

fleegle said...

I hope I feel better soon too! Thanks for the kind words :)

fleegle said...

I too am glad to be up and about. It was truly a terrible time while we waited for the results of the biopsies. We are so looking forward to actually relaxing for a bit before we go home.

The tigers were indescribable!