Tuesday 3 June 2008

A Meme...

Helen aka as Sheep Happens tagged me for this:

The rules: Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.


Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

1) What was I doing ten years ago?
I struggle to remember what I was doing last week sometimes; but what was I doing in May/June 1998... nothing really interesting apart from going to work every day and completing Part 1 of my C&G Creative Embroidery course for the first time!!!

2) What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today?
As I'm a morning person I prefer to do jobs first thing, then when I finish work it's my time so to speak.... so far jobs I have done are:
a. Done the ironing
b. Tidied the lounge up so it doesn't look like a bombs gone off
c. Made sandwiches for DH & friends lunch
d. Took stock & placed an order for the shop (when you live and work on the same premises work and non-work roll into 1!)
e. Got things out the freezer for tea

3) Snacks I enjoy?
a. Low Fat Digestive with crunchy peanut butter (yes I know a contradiction)
b. Chocolate
c. Ryvita Minis with spready cheese
d. Toast or soft bread with butter & Treacle

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire?
a. Pay the mortgage
b. Expand the shop
c. Change the car
d. Donate to a few charities

5) Places I have lived?
If you include college & work placements...
Chorley - growing up
Bilsborrow, Nr Garstang (north of Preston) - College
Dalton Nr, Apply Bridge - Work Placement
Dunsop Bridge*, Nr Clitheroe - Work Placement
Chorley - 1st House after getting married
Chorley - 2nd House (still here)

*Interesting fact, Dunsop Bridge is the centre of England!!!

6) Jobs I have had?
a. Farm work (I did and do have a HND in Agriculture) - Dairy, sheep, Pigs, Poultry, Beef & Arable over the years

b. Dry Stone Walling Survey for what was then known as ADAS when I was on summer holiday from Uni studying BSc in Environmental Management

c. Data Input/Testing Software for a Multimedia Language learning software company - I don't speak foreign languages, but I can recognise and hear phrases in many languages enough to be able to break them up to put onto CD ROM including Tagalog (language of the Philippines) when we did an instructional CD ROM for Cunard to help teach the staff how to do things such as putting towels on beds, folding ends of toilet paper over and were the lifeboats were ;o)

d. I worked in a weighbridge office issuing dispatch notes & invoices + a myriad of other office duties for an International Dry Extruded Petfood manufacturer

e. Currently (3 years) run my own shop selling embroidery supplies and knitting yarns

Note: I have never lived or worked outside of Lancashire!!!

7) Peeps I want to know more about?
Well as I think I'm one of the last to be tagged, I'd like people who read my blog but don't necessarily leave comments or comment on a regular basis...please :o)

4 comments:

fleegle said...

You lucky person--owning a shop!

You might want to use a blog reader, which will check the blogs of your choice and show you new entries. I use Google Reader and it's very convenient.

Sorry I was away! I was thinking about knitting a white thingie and then painting it after to see what would happen...ooops...spilled the paint...maybe not....

gilraen said...

What a lovely interesting and diverse life you have had :)

tracyb said...

Hi, I'm Tracy. I found you from "Things Soo Likes" who I found from Bespoke by Brouhaha. I'm totally stealing your meme because I don't have much blog fodder. Feel free to check it out!

fleegle said...

The frog toes were especially fun! I have a little snail pattern that I might work on today, too. They are so quick and easy--a nice change from the Bling shawl, which is neither :(