Tuesday 18 March 2008

Progression

The Alpine scarf is at last making progress, I have done 22 repeats of the centre motif :o) and I am relaxing into knitting it a bit more now, so a repeat takes me just over an hour.

If I hadn't done the sample and washed it, I think I would have been dubious about the outcome of the yarn as my almost boil washed sample is soft and drapey whereas the 'rag' at the moment feels quite abrasive to the touch and especially when knitting with the silk, my fingers can tell I've used the yarn after a couple of repeats.....

No photo as the camera decided to eat the photo I'd taken of it's progress but it's really more of the previous posts photo so nothing really to see...

On the sock front as you see I've finished my two pairs of socks for me... I'm wearing the Neon ones today and they're bright and cheerful despite no pattern, bit like the sunshine we're having here at the moment!!!

For anyone who wants to know they are Opal Neon 1931 and Trekking 167 respectively.....


I know it may seem a bit boring just doing plain socks, but they're practical and I also think I am providing a service to other sock knitters... ever think about buying a ball of sock yarn and you wonder what it knits up like, so you google it to see if you can find someone who's knitted it, and posted a photo.... well I'm the one who does that ;o) especially necessary when it comes to Trekking yarns!!!!

SO I've cast two more pairs on Lana Grossa "Meetings" 7740 - a grey fairisle and probably my all time favourite pattern and also 'Firelight' which is one of my 1st handspun sock yarns... I will post photos when they are a little longer than the rib....

6 comments:

Kai said...

Yay for the progress on the Alpine Scarf. :)

As for plain socks, I love plain socks and you're right about the wanting to know how the yarn knits up without all the patterning.. :)

fleegle said...

I always have a pair of plain socks on the needle. They make refreshing change from complex lace and I can read and knit at the same time. YOurs are pretty pretty!

Anonymous said...

I think a girls should always have at least 1 pair of plain socks on the go.
You definately deserve a medal for your service to socks :)

fleegle said...

Dr. Schafer is confident that she can make a compatible donor. Lester says thanks for the energy bars (he really needed them!).

Lacefreak said...

Your socks look terrific! Sometimes lace is not very interesting until after it is washed and blocked. Until then, you are pretty much knitting on "faith" but you and I both know it will be fantastic when it's done!

fleegle said...

Thanks for the anniversary felicitations!