Wednesday 26 September 2007

Update...

I know I haven't blogged for awhile, there's been nothing to say really....

I haven't started the border of the VLT shawl, both sets of socks are well on with the 2nd of each pair being nearly completed hopefully by the end of the weekend they will both be finished.... the orange ones especially as they will be given on Monday and off to Spain on Thursday!!!

That brings me to the VLT Scarf with Border No 20 as for it's progress see the photograph below..... I just can't bring myself to knit it so it's going to be ripped back and something more intersting knit instead..... lets face it when you start doing the ironing, the cleaning, sorting cupboards out rather than knit something, it's time to face up to the fact you're not really enjoying knitting it and at the end of the day whats the point of using your free time to knit something and not enjoy it????

So I'm pondering what to knit instead (this is for SIL for Christmas), has anyone any suggestions, I do have plenty of different weights of yarn in my stash. So far I'm toying with Leda's Dream by PLT, River Stole by Evelyn Clarke Honeybee Stole by Knitspot (Mmmmm I'd forgotten I'd purchased that pattern). Any other suggestions will be gratefully considered... I think I'm after a bit of a challenge but not too much that I get stressed by getting it finished in time for Christmas as there are some other knitting & crafty things I need to do for Christmas....

I have actually started a 3rd Swallowtail, which needs to be finished for the 5th of October as a birthday present for my Godmother, which it should be I've done about 9 repeats of the budding lace.... this pattern always amazes me how it can be so different depening upon the yarn used... I'm using some Patons (UK) 100% wool baby 2ply (sadly being discontinued along with it's 3ply sister) that I kettled dyed myself.....

and that's as they say all I really have to say for myself today, hopefully I will be back in a couple of days with some photographs and my mind made up about what to do for SIL.....

2 comments:

Soo said...

I vote for the Honeby Bee Stole. Mostly because it's on my list of things to do and you can find any pattern issues first!!!

Well, that and it's gorgeous. But so are the others.

fleegle said...

How about Wings of the Moth? It's pretty, not boring, and relativeely quick.

Glad you ripped it--wish I could do the same for the Black Widow, but I too much time invested there.